- "Rare ruins still retaining shape. A portal to a distant place is said to be here."
- — Quest counter description
The Makara Ruins (Japanese: ) is an area in Phantasy Star Zero.
The Makara Ruins is an ancient network of caves embellished by giant, blue crystals protruding from the many bright, pink floral fields that line its halls. Upon closer inspection, the crystals appear to have an ancient language chiseled onto them.
There are several missions that can be undertaken by the player at the Hunter's Guild quest counter. Certain quests grant the player rewards for beating them on specific difficulties.
These extra quests are only available once characters have reached a certain point in the main story for the character they are using. They can only be accessed upon making a multiplayer room either locally or online.
|A Bed of Flowers||Normal||Monogrinder x3|
|Cave Shadows||Normal||Photon Drop x1|
|Hard||Photon Drop x2|
|Super||Photon Drop x3|
Although not important to the main plot of Phantasy Star Zero, Makara Ruins has several side quests that can be undertaken. These missions are optional and can be challenged with friends in local and online multiplayer.
|I Love Ruins!||Normal||★★☆☆☆☆☆||Rookie/Swift|
|Fallen Flowers||Normal||★★☆☆☆☆☆||Doppel Scythe (0% additional stats)|
|Hard||★★★★★☆☆||Chronos Scythe (0% additional stats)|
|Super||★★★★★★☆||Chronos Scythe (+30 Accuracy Adj.)|
If the player decides that they want to explore the area without an apparent goal or mission, Makara Ruins can be selected under "Access field." The difficulty and challenge ranking are as follows:
Message packs are mysterious messages found on the field that were left behind by unknown hunters. Many of the tutorial messages and LMA reports appear to be from the same person. Messages commonly appear after clearing dead-end rooms or around special areas such as the arena.
- "Ever seen a ball of crystal roll around on its own? No lie, it lurks in the depths."
- — Crystal Ball Bash
- "A teleporter suddenly popped up around the middle? It [sic] this bogus, or what?"
- — What's an Arena? 2
- "Wanted: Challengers confident in their skills. Survival not guaranteed."
- — The Arena Challenge
- "You can see them elsewhere, but here, they say there's a nest! Where? Where is it?!"
- — Where's that Booma Nest?
- "Creeping around in the dark sucks. There should be a switch somewhere, but..."
- — Dear Rookies 13
- "These gun mounts are a pain. They only aim our way. Shoot the hostiles, why dontcha?"
- — Dear Rookies 14
- "Many noses I see. They are of Rumoles. Assuredly, flowers they are not."
- — LMA Report 20
- "A Rohjade's a frightening thing. When it's spinning, it's beyond harm. Leave it be."
- — LMA Report 23
|Major Characters||Sarisa - Kai - Ogi - Dairon - Ana - Reve|
|Antagonists||Mother Trinity - Dark Falz|
|Planets||Coral - Arca|
|Locations|| Dairon City - Naura Bakery - Coco Hut|
Gurhacia Valley - Ozette Wetlands - Rioh Snowfield
Oblivion City Paru - Makara Ruins - Arca Plant - Dark Shrine - Eternal Tower
|Weapons|| Swords - Sabers - Spears - Daggers - Claws - Double Sabers - Slicers - Shields|
Gun Blades - Handguns - Mech Guns - Rifles - Bazookas - Laser Cannons - Rods - Wands
|Techniques|| Foie - Zonde - Barta - Gifoie - Gizonde - Gibarta - Rafoie - Razonde - Rabarta - Grants - Megid |
Resta - Anti - Reverser - Shifta - Deband - Jellen - Zalure - Ryuker